11 Dec 18 by Joanne High

An expert witness can be appointed by one party to provide their expert opinion on a specific dispute. Alternatively they can be appointed as a single joint expert, which means they are appointed by both parties to give their opinion on a specific area of dispute.

The duty of an expert is to help the court on matters within their expertise, this overrides any obligation to the person or people from whom the instruction is given or by whom they are paid.

All of our surveyors are experienced in providing oral testimony, being cross-examined and the court process. Often our surveyors can resolve a dispute just by providing their independent advice before the matter becomes entrenched. Mark Pellow, Nick Holman and Greg Oldrieve are all experienced valuers capable of providing expert advice.